Hampton Roads Basketball OfficialsAssociation
2019 - 2020
Hampton Roads Basketball Officials Association (HRBOA)
Sports Official Independent Contractor Agreement
- Cooperate with the Executive Board, Officers and Commissioners
- Always act in a professional manner
- Not attempt to obtain contracts or games for myself or another organization from an entity that has used HRBOA
officials at any time during the current and previous two years
- Wear the uniform prescribed by the Commissioners
- Arrive at contest sites within the time frames prescribed by the Commissioners
- Provide the Commissioners as much notice as possible when canceling an assignment
- Assignments canceled less than 24 hours before game time should be for emergencies only such as family death,
- Not switch assignments without the knowledge and advance approval of the assigning Commissioner
- Accept all assignments made by Commissioners as soon as possible
- Confirm all assignments with all partners not later than one day prior to the contest
- Notify the Commissioner immediately after the end of a contest in which there is a controversial act, unsporting act,
ejection, forfeit or a contest canceled for any reason
- Not publicly criticize any fellow official and report all concerns to the HRBOA President
- Attend all clinics and meetings scheduled by HRBOA and Virginia High School League
- Pay all dues, assessments and fines on or before the due date
This Sports Official Independent Contractor Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between HRBOA and me. There are no other promises or conditions of any other agreement, whether oral or written, unless they are attached specifically to this agreement. If any provision of this agreement shall be held invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provision shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court of law finds any provision of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced under those limitations.
As required by § 22.1-296.1(C) of The Code of Virginia, individuals must certify to their local association that they have never been convicted of a felony or any offense involving the sexual molestation or physical or sexual abuse or rape of a child. This is an annual requirement and a condition of registration with VHSL.
Officials who can’t or won’t sign such a statement may not register with VHSL. Records must be maintained at the local association level. Local associations may have to provide documentation to schools under contract verifying that any official assigned to work games has a signed statement on file.
I hereby certify that I have not been convicted of a felony or any offense involving the sexual molestation or physical or sexual abuse or rape of a child; and that I have not been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude (lying or stealing).
I hereby agree, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, to indemnify and hold harmless VHSL Events LLC, a Virginia limited liability company, Virginia High School League, Inc., a Virginia nonstock corporation, and the members, managers, officers and directors of such entities (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from, against and for any losses, costs, expenses, claims, demands, suits, judgments and all other liabilities (including attorney’s fees, expenses and court costs), to which the Indemnified Parties may be subject as a result of any false statement contained in this Certification.
Completion of the below Digital Form constitutes certified submission and agreement by the submitor taking the place of actual signature.